I think every girl's worst fear is spilling something inside her designer bag. Being the klutz that I am, I did this - so I am sharing the solution in case it happens to you!
First of all let me say that keeping an emergency bottle of hair serum in your makeup bag is maybe not wise. I never actually had enough frizz to need it on the go, and when it got free from my makeup bag, it opened (somehow), and spilled its entire contents in my Neverfull (and all over everything else in my bag). As I'm sure you can imagine, it was an oily mess. This is how I solved it, step by step:
- Yell "Oh my God, oh my God".
- Get a hold of yourself.
- Immediately soak up what you can with dozens of paper towels (the good kind).
- Wash the interior with hot water and paper towels.
- It will still be greasy. Cover the bottom with dry paper towels - extras along the edges & inside the pockets. Leave them here until you can get your hands on some baking soda.
- Pour baking soda onto all affected areas, let it sit (for at least an hour).
- Vacuum the purse with the soft bristle attachment. At this point it should feel dry.
- Take care to clean (or toss) everything that was in the bag, because throwing it back in will undo all your hard work!
I sincerely hope this never happens to you, but if it does please share your story! :)