getting your family ready for fall with Seventh Generation
*This post was created in partnership with Seventh Generation
The changing seasons are always exciting. With fall comes the most beautiful colours, cooler evenings, and of course the PSL! But fall also brings about a new set of challenges - like changing schedules, updating wardrobes, and in my case a new set of stains to tackle!!
Preparing for anything with a toddler is about a million times more challenging than without. There are so many things to remember, especially when you have your child's health in mind. You want to make the best choices for your family and the earth, and that can be hard when you can barely remember to brush your teeth half the time!
Yes, the #mombrain is real - and it's something I struggle with daily! To help keep myself organized, I am always making lists, and I've compiled a list of tips to help get you and your family ready for fall!
- Whether you live in an apartment, condo or house, I recommend putting your off-season wardrobe in storage bins to free up space in your closet! *removing the clutter also makes it easier to get dressed in the morning! 😉
- For the kids - first clear away their summer clothes, then bring their fall/winter clothes out of storage.
- Go through the clothes to see what still fits, and donate the rest to charity!
- Wash everything with Seventh Generation Baby Laundry Detergent so that it's fresh and clean for your little one!
- If you have a particularly tricky stain, like grass or mud, use the Seventh Generation free & clear laundry detergent to spot-treat it before throwing into the wash. That will give it the extra little boost it needs!
Seventh Generation laundry products are made with 97% plant-based ingredients, and have no dyes, optical brighteners or synthetic fragrances! These laundry detergents have been tested on 60 of your toughest stains - and we have personally tested it against peanut butter, milk, prunes, sweet potatoes, tomato sauce, sand, mud, grass... you get the picture!!
Fall is a great time to freshen up your whole home, and lately I have been focusing a lot on detoxing our space. That's right - detoxing isn't just for your body!
I’ve been making the switch to more plant-based products throughout our home, and I’m wondering why I didn’t do it sooner! For me, having a baby really made me stop and think about all the potentially harmful products in my home. I've learned a lot, so I've put together a few easy tips to help get you started!
- Check out the labels on the products you have in your home. Look for warnings such as: "corrosive”, “dangerous fumes”, and “keep out of reach of children”. Ditch those bad boys immediately!
- Pick up some plant-based products instead! They work, they're better for you and they're better for the environment!
- Switch to natural essential oils and botanical extracts instead of chemically scented products. They smell way better too!!
- Make it a priority to recycle and buy recycled materials! Seventh Generation bottles are made of post-consumer recycled material and are 100% recyclable.
Seventh Generation products are among my faves for household cleaning, because they really work, and I know they're safe for me and my family! Seventh Generation lists all their ingredients right on the bottle, so you never have to wonder what’s inside.
My favourite household products include:
- Seventh Generation Baby Laundry Detergent - Perfect for baby's sensitive skin
- Seventh Generation Blue Eucalyptus & Lavender Laundry Detergent - I love the soothing scent of lavender, especially for my sheets!
- Seventh Generation Fresh Citrus & Ginger Dish Liquid - A yummy, invigorating scent for doing my least favourite chore! 😜
- Seventh Generation free & clear Dishwasher Packs - free of fragrances, dyes and bleach, making them safe for the whole family!
Have you tried plant-based products in your home? Fall is a great time to start! Join me in some fall cleaning and have your most productive season yet!
Navigating the constant changes that come with parenthood can be really challenging. Using Seventh Generation means I have one less thing to worry about - and that's what I call a #momwin!
Check out the full range of Seventh Generation products here!