mini pumpkin spice cheesecake with E.D.SMITH
Raise your hand if you're a pumpkin spice fanatic!! I certainly am, but regular pumpkin pie is a little predictable, isn't it? That's why I'm sharing this easy (and super cute!) recipe with you: mini pumpkin spice cheesecake with salted caramel drizzle.
If you like to host, this is the perfect dessert because you don't have to worry about cutting or portioning. These mini cheesecakes are ready to be passed around the party, and your guests are sure to be impressed!
If you're not hosting a party, they go equally as well with Netflix and some vino. You can even stick them in the freezer and pull one out *as needed!*
As a busy mom and blogger, I don't have a lot of time to be experimenting in the kitchen. That's why I only trust E.D.SMITH's Pure Pumpkin for all my pumpkiny needs.
E.D.SMITH has been supplying Canadians with their delicious jams and pie fillings for 135 years. They are the #1 pie filling company in Canada, and their recipe possibilities are truly endless!! Click here for more.
For this recipe, I used graham crackers in place of the usual ginger snaps, because I find the ginger flavour can be a little overpowering and I really wanted pumpkin to be the star of the show!! I also did a buttercream instead of whipped cream, cause whipped cream just melts and that's no fun! 😜
To make these tasty treats yourself, you will need:
Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake (makes 12):
- 1/2 cup E.D.SMITH's Pure Pumpkin
- 22 graham crackers
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 package (250g) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (yes that's a real thing!!)
Topping - Buttercream:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tbsp milk (or almond milk)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp caramel sauce
Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray. (I really like the silicone pans!)
- In a food processor or blender, pulse graham crackers until finely ground. Add melted butter, pulse. Press mixture firmly into each cup to form crust. Bake 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and brown sugar with electric mixer (low-medium) until fluffy. Beat in pumpkin, yogurt and salt, scraping bowl frequently. Add the egg, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice, beat until well blended.
- Pour mixture into crust-lined cups.
- Bake about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pan for 30 mins, refrigerate 2 hours (or overnight).
- Beat butter & icing sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract & milk, beat until desired consistency is reached. (I like to use a bit more icing sugar for a firmer buttercream!)
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add pecans, toast for 2-3 mins.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over pecans stirring frequently, add a dash of salt.
- Spread pecans over wax paper & pour remaining mixture over top. Let cool.
- Pipe buttercream over mini cheesecake with desired tip.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over buttercream.
- Place candied pecan & sprinkle coarse sea salt on top!